Saturday, January 15, 2011

A.J. and Tucson

First order of business: I AM A COLLEGE GRADUATE!!! I graduated in Economics with a business minor in December from the University of Utah.

Second order of business: Eric and I are finally re-united! We have survived our semester apart and will never do anything like that again! We enjoyed a great Christmas break with each other and family and friends. We also got to SKYPE with my lil' bro Chase, who is on his mission in Georgia. That's right, I said Skype! It was great!

Third order of business: I (along with my doggy A.J. have made the move down to Tucson with Eric. This has been quite the interesting experience....

If anybody knows my dog A.J. he is a very... well... dumb yet lovable maltese. I think he is a little slow because he is a pure bred dog and all that inbreeding has to do something to these dogs. Despite all this, he is my puppy that I have had for 11 years. I really wanted to bring him to Tucson to make my adjustment a little easier and since my parents are now empty nesters... they didn't mind. It took a little effort on my part to persuade Eric this was a good idea. Luckily Christmas night Eric laid three pictures face down on the table and had me flip them over from left to right. The first: a picture of Tucson. The second: a picture of us. The third: a picture of A.J.!

In order to get A.J. ready for the 12 hour trip we had to call the vet and get sedative pills. He does not do well in cars at all. He was pretty anxious even with the sedation so unfortunately we had to give him a little more than advised. He did much better for the rest of the trip until we got to Phoenix when he threw-up in his bed. So Close! Luckily it was in one of his two beds and we were able to clean pretty easily. We got home, AJ explored the place and looked up at us like "This is it?" I feel bad taking him from a big house a big yard to tiny apartment with on a 12x12 sq ft yard. What can I say, it's an adjustment for all of us.

Next adventure: the park. A.J. is not the most social savvy dog around other dogs. He isn't a mean dog. He is just a little... awkward?... Excited?... Dumb?... He has calmed down a lot since he is older now and well... since his "operation" but he is still A.J. Regardless of A.J.'s malfunctions, he has made life in Tucson more fun and seems to complete our little family. Eric is making a great effort to bond with him and it's fun to watch them play and watch A.J. lick Eric's hands, arms, and face.

As for us, Eric started his second semester of law school and seems to be taking a different/slower approach to his curriculum. As he says, "It's a marathon not a sprint." I had an interview with the University Medical Center as an Administrative Assistant on Tuesday and don't really know the results. In the mean time, I am actively searching for a job and just hanging out with A.J. while Eric is in class.

Oh and how could I forget the Tucson tragedy and the wonderful opportunity we had to go see our leader speak at the memorial. Props to Eric who stood in line for 5 hours to secure our spot inside. We almost didn't make it in. They stopped the line only a few people behind us and there were about 12,000 people inside and many more thousands of people who showed up to show their support. This city is so united and has the strongest sense of community. It is great to be here.













No comments:

Post a Comment